Javadoc is a set of Html files For any Java Project. In big Java Projects it is always better to generate document of the code written so as to make better understanding of the classes usage and detail about their methods.
- Listed below is a Javadoc comment style used to generate a Javadoc. Use following comment style to generate a Javadoc.
- Click on projects link and choose ” Generate Javadoc ” option.
- Now a window will be opened where you can select Java Projects or their underlying resources for which JavaDoc needs to be generated. Several other options are also there where user can select any of them as per the need.Here user can select whether to generate JavaDoc for public/private API’s etc.
- Now IDE asks for other features as well for the generation of Javadoc. A Java programmer should be familiar with these options.
- You can also save settings as ant script so that you can use the script to generate javadoc in future.
- Click “Finish” Javadoc will be generated. If you select option of opening index file in browser then after generation of Javadoc you will find ” index.htm ” of Javadoc in your default Web Browser. On console you can see progress of JavaDoc Generation.
/****This is a sample Java Comment** */
Above is a snapshot of Javadoc comment in IDE.